There are a ton of resources out there with varying degrees of useful information about Down syndrome. We break down what we think are the most informative, helpful and enjoyable websites, books, blogs and podcasts (of course)! See the big list of links below.
Our great story this week is a touching story of two people with Down syndrome getting married. Michael and Melissa have known each other since they were two years old and were married on May 19th. The article and some great pictures here!
As a bonus great story we talk about Reid, a friend of Down Right Awesome and veteran of Infantino’s Everybody Plays campaign. Reid is featured on the back cover in a new summer Target circular this week! Way to go Reid! And thank you, Target!
- National Down Syndrome Society
- National Down Syndrome Congress
- Down Syndrome Research and Treatment Foundation
- Down Syndrome Association of Greater Richmond
- Down Syndrome Association of San Diego
- DS Action
- Exceptional Family Resource Center
- Band of Angels
- Down Syndrome Achieves
- Jérôme Lejeune Foundation
- Bloom (Kelle Hampton)
- Gifts (Kathryn Lynard Soper)
- Babies with Down Syndrome: A New Parent’s Guide (Edited by Susan J. Skallerup)
- Gross Motor Skills in Children With Down Syndrome (Patricia C. Winders)
- Fine Motor Skills for Children With Down Syndrome (Maryanne Bruni)
- Early Communication Skills for Children With Down Syndrome (Libby Kumin)
- World Down Syndrome Day (March 21)
- Buddy Walk
- NDSC Convention (Alternates coasts yearly. In Washington, DC in July 2012)
- DS Awareness Month in October
Download Down Syndrome Radio, Episode #3